district meetings Dec. 3-8 for anyone who wants to learn about new varieties or
producing seed, or has questions about seed laws.
"Everyone interested in growth and promotion of the North Dakota seed industry
is strongly encouraged to attend," says Toni Muffenbier, NDCISA office manager.
The district, date, time and location of the meetings in this area are:
* Northeast, Dec. 5, 9 a.m., Fireside Inn and Suites, Devils Lake
* Southeast, Dec. 8, 9:30 a.m., Days Inn, Casselton
Topics during the business meetings include:
* Financial report
* County membership and checkoff update
* Dakota Select Seed update
* District resolutions
* District elections
In addition to a business meeting, program topics to be covered during the
* Research fee update and impact - Dale Zetocha, NDSU Research Foundation
* State Seed Department update - Ken Bertsch or Jason Goltz, North Dakota State
Seed Department representative
* Small-grain variety update - NDSU Extension Service representative
* Foundation Seedstocks update - Gonzalo Rojas, NDSU Foundation Seedstocks
The meetings are free and open to the public. Door prizes, including free field
inspections for 40 acres, will be given away at each district meeting. For more
information, contact Muffenbier at (701) 231-8067 or email@example.com.